ESC® – the natural choice for bone health
ESC® is one of nature’s purest and most absorbable forms of calcium from eggshells. ESC® naturally combines ultra-pure calcium carbonate with inherent transport proteins for maximum absorption and essential trace minerals for increasing bone mineral density. ESC® is the natural, whole-food choice for BONE HEALTH.
ESM Technologies is an industry leader providing innovative ingredients to revolutionize bone health products. ESC® is a unique, 100% natural source of calcium. ESC®’s high elemental calcium (allowing for a smaller dose), and superior bioavailability provide distinct advantages as a bone health ingredient.
The ESC® Advantage – Your Ideal Source for Calcium:
- More than 50X lower than Prop 65 lead level limits when tested at the full daily value for calcium of 1,000 mg per day.
- Nearly 20% more absorbable than other forms of Calcium Carbonate.1
- Transporter proteins in eggshell calcium significantly enhance bioavailability.2
- Multiple human clinical trials have shown the effectiveness of eggshell calcium in improving bone mineral density.3-7
- High elemental calcium (minimum 35%) provides greater formulation flexibility.
- Ultra-Pure ESC® is lower in Heavy Metals than any other natural calcium source making it California Prop 65 compliant.8
- Non-chemical, eco-friendly manufacturing process in an FDA regulated GMP facility.
- Natural ultra-refined eggshell calcium avoids typical digestive discomfort.
- Provides a pure all natural source of calcium that appeals to the growing consumer demand for natural products.
ESC® is a unique form of calcium ideal for use in bone health supplements and any product desiring to increase calcium levels to appeal to health conscious consumers.
1. Schaafsma A and Beelen GM: Eggshell powder, a comparable or better source of calcium than purified calcium carbonate: piglet studies. J Sci Food Agric 1999, 79:1596-1600.
2. Daengprok W, Garnjanagoonchorn W, Naivikul O, Pornsinlpatip P, Issigonis K and Mine Y: Chicken eggshell matrix proteins enhance calcium transport in the human intestinal epithelial cells, Caco-2. J Agric Food Chem 2003, 51(20):6056-6061.
3. Deroisy R, Zartarian M, Meurmans L, et al: Acute Changes in Serum Calcium and Parathyroid Hormone Circulating Levels Induced by the Oral Intake of Five Currently Available Calcium Salts in Healthy Male Volunteers. Clin Rheum 1997, 16(3):249-253.
4. Rovensky J, Stancikova M, Masaryk P, Svik K and Istok R: Eggshell calcium in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 2003, 23:83-92.
5. Schaafsma A and Pakan I: Short-term effects of a chicken egg shell powder enriched dairy-based products on bone mineral density in persons with osteoporosis or osteopenia. Bratisl Lek Listy 1999, 100:651-656.
6. Schaafsma A, van Doormaal JJ, Muskiet FA, Hofstede GJ, Pakan I and van der Veer E: Positive effects of a chicken eggshell powder-enriched vitamin-mineral supplement on femoral neck bone mineral density in healthy late post-menopausal Dutch women. Br J Nutr 2002, 87:267-275.
7. Makai E and Chudacek J: The treatment of osteoporosis with Biomin H. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 1991, 2:487-490.
8. Ross EA, Szabo NJ, and Tebbett IR: Lead Content of Calcium Supplements. J Am Med Assoc 2000, 284(11):1425-1429.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.